One of the buzzwords we are seeing around presently, is BYOD – Bring Your Own Device
We all know how convenient it is to print straight from your smartphone or tablet right? But did you know that you can also scan from your SHARP MFP straight back to your mobile device too?
As well as some of our devices being AirPrint enabled, there is a free app available for most mobile devices.
Optimise the benefits of mobile working with Sharpdesk Mobile; Sharp’s powerful, cutting edge mobile printing and scanning application. Users can connect to supported SHARP MFPs via wireless network from their iOS, Android™, or Windows® device for hassle-free printing, simplified scanning or seamless collaboration with other applications.
Connect to a wireless network, select a document, preview and print directly to a supported SHARP MFP from a supported iOS, Android or Windows device.
Scan paper documents to PDF, JPEG, TIFF or PNG files for easy access by simply scanning from a SHARP MFP to your mobile device. The mobile device’s profile can be stored as a “scan-to” location on the MFP for easy access.
Seamless Collaboration with Other Applications
Sharpdesk Mobile allows seamless file sharing with other applications. Users can attach scanned files to email, share documents or print files from other supported mobile applications.
- Conveniently print PDF, JPEG,TIFF or PNG files from a mobile device running iOS, Android™, or Windows®
- Print files from other supported mobile applications
- Easily print email text and attachments or webpages from supported mobile devices
Scan & Share
- Scan and save files from a supported MFP to a mobile device running iOS, Android™, or Windows®
- All scan settings and execution can be managed from a supported mobile device
- Quickly send scanned files via email from a supported mobile device
- Share scanned files with other supported mobile applications
- Free download available from Apple App Store, Google Play™, or Windows® Store
- Automatically discover and connect to a supported SHARP MFP
- Manually add a supported Sharp MFP
- No driver installations required
- User authentication improves security
- iOS* based mobile devices running iOS 6, 7 & 8
- Android based mobile devices running Android™ 2.3, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 & 4.4.
- Recommended screen resolution: 800 x 480 pixels and higher
- Windows based mobile devices running:
- V1.2.3: Windows® 8 Pro, Windows® 8 Enterprise, Windows® 8.1 Pro, Windows® 8.1 Enterprise, Windows® RT & Windows® RT 8.1
- V2.1.1: Windows® 8.1 Pro, Windows® 8.1 Enterprise & Windows® RT 8.1
- Minimum System Requirements: 1GHz Processor, 1GB RAM, 20MB free HDD space and 1024 x 768 pixels screen resolution with DirectX® 9 graphics capability. Recommended screen resolution: 1366 x 768 pixels. Touch screen is recommended.
Supported File Formats
- PDF**, Encrypted PDF**, Compact PDF**
Please see this ‘How To’ guide for any assistance you require whilst using the application:
* Bonjour must be enabled to auto-discover supported MFPs
** PostScript Expansion Kit is required to print PDFs
*** PNG is not supported by Windows based mobile devices